Edale Skyline Equipment 2019
This is a long race in which there is little respite from the often ‘challenging’ weather. Ask anyone who was there in 2007 or 2015, or take a couple of minutes to look here:
The required kit list goes beyond the standard FRA kit list for an AL race and is as follows:
- Waterproof cagoule with taped seams and integral hood
- Waterproof over-trousers with taped seams
- Shoes and socks
- Hat (we’ll accept a Buff, but would prefer you carried something warmer)
- Map appropriate for navigating round the course
- Food (400 kcal minimum) = at least 2 mars bars, preferable more!
- Leggings (at least ¾ length)
- Two long sleeved tops
At the organiser’s discretion this list may be relaxed on the day, but all competitors should be prepared to carry all items listed above. We will have no hesitation in barring you from competing if you turn up without the stipulated kit. There will be kit checks for all runners at registration. There may also be random kit checks at the start and finish.
In addition, for the safety of you and fellow competitors, we recommend that you also consider carrying the following:
- Mobile phone
- Bivy bag
Sorry if you think this all sounds rather draconian, but it is done with your best interests at heart.